What Chaplaincy does
- We build our faith community through worship, prayer groups, preparing people for baptism and confirmation, ongoing classes, and fellowship opportunities
- We reach out to all prisoners through pastoral care, Christmas services and gifts, motivational speakers, special events, Alpha courses etc
- We seek to build real relationships with prisoners and to provide pastoral care through the many ups and downs of prison life
- We listen to anyone who asks for support, offer care to women at special risk of suicide and self-harm, and support those who are bereaved
- We seek to mentor prisoners preparing for release, and find support for them in the communities to which they are returning.
Prison chaplaincies have various “statutory duties”, which are funded by the prison service. With volunteer time and donations, we are able to do so much more!